Monday, December 15, 2014

Dear Family,

This week a miracle happened! About a month ago we got a call from a woman, telling us that we needed to go and see her brother and invite him to come back to church. And that we needed to challenge him to baptize his 13 year old son. About a week later we went and we told him that we needed his family at church. We need their talents, their testimonies and we need them. We expressed our love for them even though we didn't know them. We set up a return appointment to teach the family. We went back about two weeks later. We told them before we started the lesson that our goal was to bring them back to activity and to have their son baptized. They agreed. We had a beautiful lesson. The spirit was so strong and I know that they felt a spirit that they haven't felt for a long time. The Saturday before church we asked a family to go by and invite them to church. The next day our investigator, his mom and his dad came to church. The family that invited them to church had a son our investigators age. He went up to him and took him to class and the family stayed for the whole block. It was a miracle. And I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed everything to happen so that they could be there. 

I don't know if you have seen the church's Christmas initiative He is the Gift. It is amazing! We share it in every home we go to! I realize last year that being a missionary during Christmas is the best! It is when people are most open. And I don't have to worry about Christmas presents, shopping, where am I going to spend Christmas, decorations and everything else that comes with the stress of Christmas. But I can focus on who is truly important our Savior, Jesus Christ. I invite all of you, to watch this video and to share it with other people. And to share the gift, by doing something different this year. Maybe you won't get mad as you drive, or you'll read your scriptures more. What ever it may be, lets do something that will bring us closer to our Savior and bring others closer to our Savior. I want you all to know that I love the Lord with all my heart. My companion shared a line of the song O Holy Night. "Til He appeared and the soul felt it's worth." Jesus Christ has given us our worth and only through Him can we return our Heavenly Father. So I ask you again, help someone find their worth in the Savior. 


I Love you all so very much!

Mele Kalikimaka!

-Sister Swain

http://www.mormon.org/christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment