Monday, October 20, 2014

So the new area is going good. Were still trying to find more people to teach. We found a new investigator and that was a miracle! The elders were teaching her before, but her husband asked that they don't come back. We were across the street to visit her neighbor and she saw us and we talked to her for a little bit and then we asked her if we could come and meet with her and she said 'yes!' And it is because we're sisters. Her husband said that she can meet with the missionaries, he just doesn't want to see them. So we can go because we're sisters! Yea :) The blessing of being a sister missionary.  The whole stake is so grateful that we are here, they tell us all the time.

This week something that has really stuck out to me is the love that Heavenly Father has for each and everyone one of us.  He really does answer our prayers.  In 3 Nephi 14:7-11 Christ says

 7) Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

 8) For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.

 9) Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone?

 10) Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

 11) If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

This just reminds me that the Lord loves us, and we need to have enough faith to know that Heavenly Father will answer our prayers.  We just need to come to Him and ask.  Sometimes we need to be patient for the answer and sometimes we go through trials and tests. But I testify to you that we are never a lone and that Heavenly Father loves us and like earthly parents we need to find our answer or work for it. I know this because as I have prayed for guidance and strength I know that Heavenly Father has answered me through thoughts, feelings, impressions and sometimes trials. 

Hopefully I'll remember my camera next week so I can send pictures...but I love you all so very much! And I am grateful for all of your prayers!

Love,
Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment