Monday, September 15, 2014

Hello Family!

I hope that your all doing great! So our investigator got baptized this week! So exciting! It was such a beautiful baptism.  Her great grandpa baptized her and he's like 85 or something. It was just precious because at first he said it wrong then, I think that he forgot how tall she was so he had a hard time putting her under...but she went!  She was confirmed yesterday.  Before she was baptized she told her friend that she needed to go and buy some modest clothes.   So, that's what they did and I complimented her on it yesterday.   She was just glowing. It's just amazing to see how if we allow it the gospel can really change our lives.  And I get to see it everyday! 

This week I have really seen the fruits of working hard...even though we haven't found new investigators on our own.  We have been getting calls from the APs.  I kinda feel bad, but they are passing everyone off to us. Every time they call they ask if we have been praying for miracles.   I tell them that I pray for miracles ALL the time! Then they have a lesson set up for us already. Its great! The best part is that the members see us working hard as well and because they see that, they are working harder to do missionary work. I really love this stake. Even though sometimes its weird serving where people my own age are, I still love it here. Especially because if Young Single Adults don't like something they will tell you and tell you how to fix it. I really appreciate it. 

 This week I've just learned about the blessing of hard work. And the importance of being a disciple of Jesus Christ. And the blessings that come from it.  I was asked to pass this quote along from a fellow sister missionary...

"Today may there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

Thank you for your prayers..And I love you all so much!

-Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment