Monday, April 7, 2014

This was the longest/fastest week in the mission. We were so busy! I think we only had personal study 3 times this week and then companion study twice. We had interviews on Tuesday and we had to be at ours and the sisters' that we're over interviews and then we had missionary leadership council on Wednesday and then we had zone training meeting on Thursday and then Saturday we went to the conference center. (Which was so cool) We were up in the balcony, but it was still cool. There is just a special spirit there. We were able to bring our investigator, we haven't heard anything back yet on how he felt or if he had any revelation, but we keep praying for him.
Sister Olszowka and I had a great week, with lots of laughs. 
-Utah drivers are crazy. So they wouldn't let us in the other lane, so we missed our turn.  I had to go on the freeway and we ended up in Riverton. Then the only place I could turn around was on a dirt road and Sister O was so afraid that we were going to get a flat tire..ha ha.  We finally get to our appointment and Sister O rings the wrong doorbell.  Then our appointment came out right on time.
That's only one story because the rest of the ones you probably won't think is funny. 
Spiritual stuff...
Every month our mission president puts out a mission training plan..So something that we will focus on for the month to be better missionaries..  This month it is on becoming better teachers, and we become better teachers through effect companionship study. Many time missionaries think that they can just go in and teach a lesson the same way every time.  I was thinking that, that is how it was when I was a tour guide every single tour was the same thing, same jokes, same information. But this is totally different. We are all children of our Heavenly Father and we are all different.  We have different needs and concerns. So we need to plan with the spirit to know their concerns, because the only person that knows how to help them is the spirit. 
Conference was amazing! Great talks about defending our faith. I see it every day and we need to teach the youth of the church about a testimony, what it means. And we need to know what we believe. What I love about our Heavenly Father is that He doesn't just want us to follow in a line believing the same thing He wants us to find out for ourselves what we believe and to find our own testimony. I leave you with my testimony that I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and that My Savior Jesus Christ Lives, I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet called of God to lead and guide us. I know that this is the True Church, and that The Book of Mormon is true.  It has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I know that we need to fill this world with good things.  We need to uplift one another and strengthen one another. I love you all Dearly! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

Love,
Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment