Monday, April 14, 2014

So much happened this week I don't even know where to begin! First of all being a missionary is probably one of the most emotional things that I've ever done. One day your really down because things aren't happening and then the next your as happy as can be. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful companion who is ALWAYS uplifting me and pushing me to do better, be better and work harder!
This week I went on two exchanges one was in Kearns with Sister Mayall she is from England and the next is Sister Arthur from Australia. It was great exchanges with wonderful Sisters they have both been out under 3 months, but they have so much excitement and love for the area and for the people they serve. This was the first time I felt like I actually did something and had an impact on these Sisters lives. I really do love my calling as a Sister Training Leader. It can be stressful, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
This week was another fast, warm week. Yes, I did say warm. I even got a tan on exchanges! Because these sisters don't have cars so we walked and biked. I am getting a little bit of my color back :) But we did have some miracles. We found a new investigator! His wife is a member and he agreed to meet with us on his own. We met him a couple weeks ago and he told us to come back in a couple weeks so we did, he allowed us to set up an appointment and Sister Olszowka used the spirit and asked him if he would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. He said he would..so we'll see :) Then this morning we got a call from one of our ward mission leaders and he said that two less actives came to church yesterday! And one of them told us about 8 weeks ago that she wasn't interested in what we had to say. So miracles are happening everywhere we turn. And I know that it is because the faith that the Lord is developing in us and because of our faith we are able to spread it to the members and they are working hard to help us. How Great is My Calling to Be a Missionary! And a man that I talked to on the street in Kearns got baptized with his wife on Saturday. Sister Hinkle and I kept going back but he wasn't ready. And I got to go to their baptism. He said that if I had never talked to him on the street that day he wouldn't have been where he is at now. I am so blessed! Not many times are we able to see the seeds which were planted by talking to people. 
This week we wrote up a little thing to the Bishops to encourage their members to invite a less active or a non member to church on Easter Sunday. What a great day to invite someone to church. To come and worship with us. As we remember our Saviors Life, Atonement and Resurrection. Only through Him are we here today, only through Him can we be with our families forever and only through Him can we feel peace from our guilt. This morning I reread the story of Ammon and when he and his brothers came together after converting thousands of lamanites. He recounts his story of when he was destroying the church and how he could've been destroyed, but the Lord did not practice justice, He used His mercy. And I know that He will use His mercy on all of us who come to Him in solemn repentance. He loves us and knows us and Ammon had a reason to rejoice, just as we all have a reason to rejoice everyday of our lives. I know that my Redeemer lives and that He loves me.
I love you all and thank you for your prayers

-Sister Swain

Please post this video on your facebook this week.
 #becauseofHim

http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694

No comments:

Post a Comment