Tuesday, April 1, 2014

So it snowed yesterday! I thought that it was supposed to be done snowing and that spring was coming. Ah, Bipolar Utah Weather.
It was a pretty fun week. We didn't have a lot of lessons, but we had great exchanges and we also had a mission conference where all 251 missionaries came together, then we had a sisters dinner where all 62 sisters in the mission was gathered it was pretty cool. Then we had women's conference which was awesome! Made me cry like part of the time.
At the mission conference President Chambers cousin came who climbed Mt. Everest. He had some quotes that just made you think. He mostly talked about his journey up the mountain and what he had to do to prepare, but the main point of it was creating goals in live and living them. And through out the whole process we trust in the Lord and His plans for us. 
some quotes...
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
-Goethe

"It's all about who you become getting to the destination"

"Find the way of life you love and have the courage to live it." 

"What symbolic event have I taken to tell the Lord i'm His servant." 

"Go up a missionary, come down a disciple" 

Those were some quotes that I liked that I could relate to my own life. And it was exactly what I needed. 
On my mission my testimony has been tried and tried again, I have inquired of the Lord and have asked questions of why?
This week I met a man, who tried my testimony. Here is a man who has served a mission, was sealed in the temple and because of the faults of men has fallen far away. He was very kind to us, but did voice his opinion. I asked the Lord why would he fall away, why does he believe this. And the sister I was with that day said that it is because he based his testimony on people. Instead of the plain and pure gospel of Jesus Christ. That is what we share. We share happiness. In hymn 19 it quotes, "Those who reject this glad message, never such happiness shall they know." Life is hard. We go through trials, but I know that it is the gospel of Jesus Christ uplifts us and strengthens us.  It is where I have found peace and happiness. President Eyring said "We need to continue to have spiritual experiences. We can't rely on past experiences.   We need to create new ones." 

So that was a lot...but I learned a lot this week. Thank you for all of your prayers! 

I love you!
Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment