Monday, January 27, 2014

I hope that you all had a great week, with many missionary experiences :)
This week was an interesting week. Monday night I got the flu and my companion got a really bad cold. So we didn't go out at all on Tuesday. Then Wednesday we felt well enough to do our exchanges. So I went to Draper and Sister Hinkle stayed here. Nothing interesting happened in Draper. I met a lot of nice people who have had amazing experiences that turned them to return to the gospel. On Thursday I returned and my companion went down hill and she did not feel well. So for the rest of the week we just went out for a little bit and then if we needed to we would come home because the inversion was so bad. 
Miracles happen on exchanges. Sister Hinkle and Sister Crandell went to contact some referrals and they also taught a lesson. Out of the referrals we got two new investigators and a teenage girl we're teaching accepted a baptismal date! How cool is that?!  And even though we weren't able to go out and work, the Lord still blessed us with miracles.
I gotta say being sick on a mission is not that fun. I mean members spoil us, but you are at home all day and there isn't much to do. So you just gotta sleep, but then you get tired of sleeping, so you just read. And reading isn't bad, but when you want to work its pretty boring. 

My message for the week is short, but it's something that a recent convert told me. He went for a job interview and the interviewer asked him, if he was a happy person And he said, "Of course! I'm a Mormon." This is the same guy that got baptized last week. He just beamed when he said it. It made me wonder, "How happy am I when I say that I'm a Mormon?" Can those I meet see that I am so happy to be LDS? I hope that they can because I am so happy to be a part of this gospel and to be able to share it with everyone!

I love you all! Have a great week!

-Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment