Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Priesthood

So... It's been a couple weeks since my last post, but some wonderful things have happened. First of all my brother got married! That was great! He married an amazing girl. I just have to say that I have wonderful brothers. They love me and spoil me!
In this post I wanted to talk about how amazing the Priesthood is. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is the authority to act in God's name. All worthy males are given this responsibility. With the Priesthood they can direct congregations, give blessings to the sick and perform ordinances in the church, such as baptism. If you want to know more click here: http://mormon.org/faq/purpose-of-priesthood So why did I choose to talk about this. Because it is a wonderful gift that is given to us by a loving Heavenly Father! Last night I was not feeling well, I called my home teachers to give me a blessing. Two minutes later they were at my house giving me a blessing. Was I completely cured? No. Did I feel God's love for me? YES! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows how I am feeling. At times I may feel that I am not sick enough, or my trial is not big enough to receive a blessing, but I was told that my Heavenly Father wants us to lean on him, and use the gifts that have been sent to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment