Monday, April 15, 2013

Preparing

I started this blog to keep my friends and family members updated when I leave for mission. I guess I will start with that....On July 31st 2013 I will check in to the Provo MTC. I will be there for about 2 weeks. I will then leave and start my mission in the Utah, Salt Lake City South Mission.....

I often get the question..."Were you excited about your call?" Most people think that Utah is not a "real" mission. What is a real mission? Does a real mission mean that you need to live in the worst circumstances, not know whats in your food, or not knowing if you are even going to have food for the day, is that a "real" mission? (no disrespect to those who do go through this, I truly look up to you) A real mission in my eyes is if you serve the Lord with all your heart, might, mind and strength. A real mission is when you accept your call willingly and ready to serve no matter the circumstances. I believe and know that the Lord wants me in the Utah, Salt Lake City South mission. I know that calls are callings from the Lord and that he knows what we need to learn and grow. Maybe I need to be in Utah to grow while others need to be Marshall islands, Mexico, or Germany.

Some may be thinking why have you started this blog so early?
I guess that I wanted others to see how to prepare. I'm not saying I am going to do everything right, but I'm gonna try.

1 comment: