Monday, October 6, 2014

This week....
Crazy because we had lots of meetings and our 3rd companion got her visa to Taiwan. So we had to wake up at 3 AM and help her pack and then get her to the mission office by 5. Luckily the mission office isn't that far.  That was a hard day, just because of lack of sleep. Then I had a leadership meeting, and then we had a meeting for all the sisters in the mission. This week we also got to watch the movie "Meet the Mormons".   I think that you all should go and watch it and bring your friends. It is so awesome. It is really inspiring and uplifting.


Then there was general conference which is always so great. I got to go to the Saturday morning session and we had floor seats! Super awesome, we sat so close to the general authorities and then we got to hear the speakers speak in their native tongue and that was even cooler. The gospel really will be preached in all tongues, even in general conference. I will send you pictures of conference next week. 

I hope that you all had a great conference weekend; and that those questions you had were answered.  I hope that you were able to be inspired and uplifted to be a better member of Christ's church. I hope your testimony to know that we have a Prophet on the earth today who leads and guides us has been strengthen.  I hope you have been inspired to know that we all have divine roles and that we all have the potential to be like our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.   I am so grateful to have been raised in Christ's church and to have a living prophet on the earth today.   There were lots of talks that I enjoyed and loved and to pin point one is too hard. The main theme that I got from conference is that we need to follow the prophet, and that we need to constantly receive personal revelation. The Church is True. What more is there to say. There is safety and peace here. We are not perfect and neither are those around us, but we need to "stay in the boat," and build our "spiritual confidence."  The only way to do it is here, through the the gospel of Jesus Christ, keeping our covenants with our Heavenly Father. 

I love you all so very much! Thank you for the prayers, I need them everyday.

Love,

SIster Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment