Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This week....

So we were able to give a lot of service this week. We pulled weeds
like 3 days in a row. My back and my legs were so sore. And one of the
gardens had an outbreak of snails it was pretty gross. We do a lot of
yard work and I would like to say that I'm getting better at it, but I
think I'm staying the same, but people still ask us to help. Also this
week...we decided that we were going to use our car less and ride our
bikes. So that didn't work out to good, so Sister Olszowka's bike came
from the pawn shop because they gave her bike to someone else and it
was to tall for her so I told her I would ride her bike and she could ride mine.
Well not even 500 yards from our house the chain falls
off and we find out that the brakes on my bike doesn't work. So we
drop off one bike at a members home they give us a loner but we still
have my bike with the broken brakes. So we are coming down a hill and
Sister O is wondering where she is going to crash...in the traffic or
into the fence....thankfully she doesn't crash she just put her feet
out and stops her bike that way. We have come to the conclusion that we're not
going to use our bikes as often, maybe we'll just ride bikes in the
morning. That was our exciting moment this week.

I  got a nasty cold last week, and we were scheduled to sing on
Sunday. But do miracles happen! Because of prayers and modern medicine I
was healed and angels were definitely with us while we were singing.

Well that was the miracle for me this week. Today we got to go to the
temple.  It is such a blessing to be able to have temples where we can
be uplifted and instructed.

This week we also finished our study of the Atonement. My testimony
 of the Atonement and my Savior has grown so much. I know that
 He loves each and every one of us.  His atonement is conditional
upon our obedience and He only asks that we be obedient and love Him.
 I know how important this work is because I have come to understand more
 about the Atonement and how everyone who lives and
who ever has lived needs the gospel they need to partake of the
Saviors Atonement.   The greatest thing is that it is always there
even if we stray, the Atonement is there.

I love the gospel and I love all of you!!

-Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment