Tuesday, March 18, 2014

So this week was great i'm still in South Jordan, but we had transfers! And my new companion is Sister Olszowaka, she's from Hau'ula, she graduated from Kamehmeha in 2008 and we were in concert glee together. We were so excited! And we have been working so hard this week. We picked up a new investigator last week and we are picking up 2 for sure this week.
Today we were blessed to go to the Oquirrah Moutain Temple. It is such a blessing to have a place where we can go and receive personal instruction from the Lord. Where we can feel of His peace and His love for all of us. And I know that He loves all of us. We just need to come to Him and keep His commandments. That is where we can find peace in this life and in the life to come.
I think that one of the greatest things that I have learned this week is to have faith. Faith in yourself, faith in the Lord and faith in the area where you are serving. The stake that I am now serving in is known as a hard area, mostly because the people here are doing well, they don't need the gospel, because nothing has really gone wrong in their life. With Sister O on my side, we decided that this area just needs a little faith. So we are trying our hardest to have faith in this area. And when members say that this is a hard area, we tell them that it isn't, that this is a great area. In the Book of Mormon we read over and over again that miracles cease because we quit having the faith to see them. Just in these short days I have seen miracles. We have had lessons with people who have told us over and over again to come back, and we are finding ways to bring others into the Lords church.
I am so grateful for this gospel in my life and the opportunity to share it with those that I see and meet. And I challenge and encourage all of you to do the same.
Love,
Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment