Monday, February 10, 2014

This week was one of those short, but long weeks. I went on my first exchange as a sister training leader. I was so nervous. Not only are we do we train on missionary skills, but we also deal with emotional and spiritual needs. It really has just shown me how I need to be exactly obedient and how I need to try my hardest to have the spirit with me. The spirit is the only thing that is going to help me help the sisters. Because most won't tell us their concerns. We just need to learn how to ask the right questions and show them that we are not here to judge them or condemn them we are here to help them and listen to them. We will see how this goes, I know that I'll get better at this as I do it more.
The work this week, was slow. Because we had meetings this week and no one was home. Yesterday was great Sunday! We went to 3 ward councils one after another, then sacrament, then we had a meeting with the Stake President. It was a long Sunday. And we got asked to speak in Stake Conference in a month and I'm singing this Sunday in one of the wards. And then we went to Mission Prep that was pretty fun. But the ward councils were great! Because we got referrals and in one of the wards they really caught the vision of missionary work. The primary president volunteered to visit someone and that night she went and visited them! It was awesome. They didn't say yes. But they didn't say no either. Its just so good to see the ward members getting involved in missionary work. Because as missionaries we can't do it all on our own.

This week we learned about SALT in our leadership meeting. Did you know that salt in olden days was related to a covenant that we make. So when they would burn sacrifices to the Lord the would put salt to make it have a sweet smell, but it is also symbolic as the covenant that is made with ordinance.. Cool right? Next question... Why did Lots wife get turned into salt? Why not ashes?  Well its symbolism of her wanting to go back to her old life after she made covenants to a new life to serve the Lord. And then President went into talking about how we need to be the Salt of the earth and we need to keep our covenants and help others make covenants and be the Saviors of men. It was very motivating.
We I love you all! I am hoping and praying that we will find new investigators this week so I can have some cool conversion stories for you!
-Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment