Thursday, December 26, 2013

So I was able to stay another transfer in Kearns with my wonderful companion Sister Hinkle. She is really wearing off on me though, she doesn't have thick southern accent, but she could if she wanted to. Any way, sometimes I catch myself talking like her. Unfortunately I haven't been able to rub any pidgin on her, which to me means that I'm losing my pidgin accent.
Some funny things have happened this week...
1-We were shoveling an Elderly lady's drive way (By the way this was my first time shoveling snow) And the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric came over to help and he had a sweatshirt that said grumpy, I told him that he doesn't look like a grumpy he told me that I don't look like i'm from Hawaii. (Touche Brother Springsteed)
2-We were dropping off some pamphlets to this potential investigator as we were leaving I totally say the huge chunk of ice on the step. So I was being graceful and I was holding on to the railing so I wouldn't slip and of course being me I slip down the stairs, but don't worry I got right back up.
3-We were walking in a neighborhood trying to find people to visit, but nobody was home, I was behind my companion and I slip on ice and fall into this giant pile of snow. Then I just sat there for a couple minutes and laughed at myself.

Those are my funny moments with ice and snow.

The Christmas Story 
This week we were blessed to be able to share the Christmas story with many families. And many of the families were non members or less active families. And their kids have known nothing about Jesus Christ and why we truly celebrate Christmas. I always knew why we celebrated Christmas, but one year I wrote a sign that said Merry X-mas. And my dad told me that we don't celebrate someone named X we celebrate Christ. And that is something we were able to share with many children, some understood it. I think that the most touching thing to see were the parents emotion as we told about the shepherds and how when the angel came to tell them of the great thing that had happened they went with HASTE! They didn't worry about if the sheep were going to be okay, then didn't say that they needed to stop and eat something they went to see our Lord and Savior. There was one mother who apologized to her kids for not teaching them the true importance of Christmas.
I want you all to know that I love my Savior and I know that this is a joyous time every year because yes we get presents and we give presents, but we have received one of the greatest presents from our Saviors birth and that is the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father again.  

I love you all! Mele Kalikimaka!

-Sister Swain

PS The picture with just snow is where I fell.



No comments:

Post a Comment