Monday, December 16, 2013

It was warmer this week. It got up to 30 degrees! Apparently i'm getting acclimated because I think that 30 degrees is warm. It did snow one day and it was so beautiful because the snow flakes were big and you could see how each one is different. You just gotta find beauty in everything you do. Especially when your out in the snow and its cold.
This week I got to use my talents. We sang at a relief society dinner, that was nice. We sang a primary song that we didn't know very well, but people still loved it. I don't know why I've had a such a hard time singing in front of people lately, but no matter how nervous I am the Lord always provides His angels to sing with us. Then last night my companion and I and the elders in my district so 8 of us were volunteered to sing at the stake Christmas devotional. Which was nice. We sang much better that we ever thought we would. We sang Oh come Emmanuel and it was beautiful. 

The work this week. Well we got 2 new investigators :) yay! A 9 year old boy and a 12 year old girl. The parents are less active but they support their children in getting baptized. Right now we are teaching 6 investigators between the ages of 9 and 12. It is challenging, especially because the 9 year olds love to talk and they have a lot of questions. Or they just can't sit for very long, So i'm getting really good at making the lessons short and straight to the point. These children love the gospel so much and they want to learn and come to church we just need to get their parents on board with teaching them at home because that is where it starts. 
This week I learned about how if we prepare well and we do what the Lord has asked us then the spirit will take over in these lessons and we will not have to work as hard. The other day in our companionship study we did 45 minutes of roleplay for this one lesson. Because we needed to be more bold with this family and when we got into this lesson we didn't even have to do the things we roleplayed because the spirit took over and they opened their hearts to the spirit and what let us know what these families were feeling. So we now know how to help them.

Something I learned last night as I was sitting in our fireside. Is that there is so many times where I think about what I would've done if I was in charge. Like I think about what that person could do. Instead of enjoying the spirit of Christmas and enjoying the gifts that these wonderful people have given us. So I challenge all of you this Christmas season to enjoy the season where ever your at. I know that it's easy for me to say because I don't have to go to crazy shopping malls or stuff like that. But enjoy the season and share with others the birth of our Savior and His life and His sacrifice. 


I love you all thank you for your prayers!

-Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment