Monday, September 9, 2013

This week was an array of emotions and wonderful things happening!
First of all I want to say that it has been raining a lot in Utah! Who knew? So.. as a result I didn't bring any rain jackets with me! Luckily we had a car this week, so we didn't get to soaked by the rain.
Second, there is an Elder in here that is playing Braddah IZ (I don't know if it's allowed) but it reminds me of home so much! Everyone asks me if I miss home or if I was disappointed that I got send to Utah. Yes, I miss home, but it doesn't help me or the Lord or His children to dwell on it. And, no, maybe sometimes I thought why did I get sent here, but the Lord has people for me to teach and things for me to learn that could only happen here.
My Week
So this week like I said was crazy. We visited many people and members because we are really working with members to get them involved! One lady that we met was called a born again christian what ever that is. She was just so hard against the church and it's teachings and I just did not feel good around her. It was so said that she has lost the truth. It was just reallly hard for me to see that, the whole time she just wanted to fight with us. "The spirit of contention is of the devil." So we left with a prayer and we only hope that she'll find her way again. After that experience we went and had a lesson with a non member, here name is Kellie and she is so awesome!! She is now...(drum roll) Our new INVESTIGATOR!! Yay my first investigator that I found with the Lords help. She has so many questions and she said that the gospel just makes sense. She is Presbyterian and she has been to many churches in her life. I don't think that she came into to this thinking we were going to invite her to baptism. But... WE DID! And she didn't say yes and she didn't say no. But we know that if she comes to know that this is true she'll be baptized.
Also this week, we got in touch with some members who are having success as the pray to find those whom we can teach. So were hoping that we'll be able to fill up our planners! And get a baptism soon enough! Hopefully I have more to share with you next week, but as of today and as of what I can remember this is about it.
Baptism
This week our district leader challenged us to teach everyone about baptism. Because baptism is our purpose, baptism is the only way to return to our Father in Heaven. I think that as soon as were baptized sometimes we forget about what we just did. We partake of the sacrament, but do we remember that at baptism we chose to take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ. I wear Jesus Christ's name on my left side above my heart, and it is also in my heart. We as members of His church need to always wear it on our hearts.(I think Elder Nelson said that) A scripture that I have been pondering on is the one is Mosiah when Alma the older is teaching the people in secret and he asks them are you willing to "bear one anothers burdens, mourn with those that mourn, stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places...then what have ye against being baptized in His name?" Then they all cheered and clapped their hands and said that this is the desire of their hearts. I asked myself, is this still the desire of my heart? Yes! I discussed these verses with a member last night and he said that part of the reasons that the people were so joyous was that they knew that others would bear their burdens and mourn with them and they had the comfort knowing that they would not be standing as a witness alone. That is what baptism is about. Even though I was only 8 years old when I got baptized I knew that I was going to be happy! And I now I know that this is the only way to return to our Heavenly  Father and be happy Eternally. This is why as missionaries our purpose is to invite and persuade ALL to be baptized so that they can have this same happiness.
No pictures this week.. Sorry I didn't do anything worth documenting I guess.
I love you all thank you for all your prayers.. Their working!!!
-Sister Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment