Monday, September 2, 2013

I don't know what to call this week...
Monday (last week) I went mountain biking. That was fun, we went up by the Draper Temple into a couple canyons. I felt like I was going to die! The air is so thin here. When I decided to do this activity it didn't cross my mind that I would be riding bikes the rest of the week. So when I started I thought, i'm out of my mind. But it was fun. And I didn't not fall off my bike once! I did have some close calls, but I feel like I have learned how to work around my clumsy-ness because i've been so clumsy my whole life. haha. My companion did fall off her bike and i've been her nurse this week. The rest of the week has been work! But it went by pretty fast, which is what I like!
Food
So, I don't eat any exotic food around here. I guess it's exotic to me and to what I eat is exotic to them. But I just want to tell you that I had a Chocolate chip Zucchini cake the other day IT WAS AMAZING! Then I had Zucchini bread that was good. Then last night I had italian doughnuts. The dough had potatoes in them! Who would've known!

The Work
Monday we had a lesson with the Jensen kids, they are so ready for baptism! But their Dad won't let them get baptized till their 18. We keep praying that his heart will be softened. Dani, cancelled our appointment and was so ready to go to church, but she did not go to church. Again :( It just makes me sad, because she has made so much progress, but it's just this one thing, she's kept all the other commandments. She even gave up coffee! Which is what she loves. Another family we taught was the Rudarmel family their son is on a mission and wanted to know a little more about what he is doing. I pray everyday that they'll be baptized, they said that they're waiting for their son to come home, but he doesn't come home for 9 months. At the same time they said that they aren't very religious, but they are spiritual. I hear that all the time around here. We got a couple of names for people to go visit. Hopefully they accept the gospel! We keep praying! This week we always went and helped out this elderly lady by moving stuff around in her house. Then we went and did yard work for this nonmember (who should be a member, because he is like the nicest guy and he goes to church and all the ward activities.) The people who live next to this non member is a less active family who saw us and started talking to us. That was cool. I think that is one of the best ways to get people to talk to the missionaries is to see us doing service.
Thought for the Week
Something I've been hearing and thinking a lot about this week is the Atonement. It really is an amazing thing. Today I was reading in Mosiah Chapter Four where it talks about the Atonement, and how King Benjamin is talking to his people about how we are all sinners, but with the Atonement and only through the Atonement can we return to our Heavenly Father. Christ suffered so much for us and all he asks is that we keep his commandments and make covenants with our Heavenly Father. It gets hard at times to keep going to keep up with the Faith and to always have Christs name upon us. We feel guilty at times because we have sinned or we just get tired. The Atonement can take away our guilt it can lift us up. I love verses 9-12 where it says to believe! Believe in God and Jesus Christ and the Atonement. Once we believe we need to humble ourselves and be patient and long suffering. Once we do these thing we will know that God is our Father and Will know that Jesus is the Christ, if don't know these things then we will have a knowledge of everything that is just and true. God and Jesus are just and true, they are everything that is just and true. I am so grateful for the Atonement and that we have the Book of Mormon which testifies of Jesus Christs love for us.
Challenge
Read about the Atonement and write down how it makes you feel.
I Love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers! I know that I am blessed. And I know that this is where the Lord needs me!

Aloha
Sister Swain
P.S. There ARE rainbows in Utah! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment