Monday, February 2, 2015

Aloha everyone!

This week was much better. We are finally getting everything in order and trying to find new investigators. Our investigators are doing okay, we keep praying that they will have that moment where it clicks for them. I think something important I learned is that we need to bring the family together. If just an individual gets baptized then that is great, But it is better if the family is all involved and they are all working towards baptism first or reactivation and then the temple. Families need to be on the gospel path together.  I am so grateful for such wonderful family members who have taught me to live the gospel. 
Today's thought comes from a relief society lesson yesterday. 
The teacher talked about her nephew on a mission and his mission president told him to look for Emmaus experiences. In the new testament after Christ's resurrection, two men were walking on the road to Emmaus and talking about Jesus. He appeared to them and they didn't know who He was because He didn't allow it. They are talking and then they go to eat and as soon as they open their eyes from the prayer Christ vanishes. Emmaus experiences are those times when the Savior is around us and we don't recognize it. It says in this experience:
Luke 24:32 "  And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

We need to look for those times when we feel the spirit and recognize it. Recognize those times when the Savior is with you. I know that we can find them. I have had the opportunity on my mission to have those experiences. Sometimes we'll be knocking on doors and we are getting rejected left and right. Maybe an Anti yelled us that day and it was just a hard day. I want to tell you that, that is when I have felt my Savior the most. When I am looking for Him because I need Him. Let us look for Him always. In times of hardship as well as in times when everything is going good. 

I love you all very much, I am very grateful for your prayers and everything!

-Love, Sister Swain
 
Teaching Niall from 'One Direction' about the Book of Mormon.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment